For my Freshman year at Georgia Gwinnett College I had Professor Arrington as my English 1101 Professor. Before the year started, I looked at a web site called “rate my professor” to see what rating professor Arrington got. Many of the comments were negative, and I started to worry about this class. I imagined Professor Arrington to be a mean old woman that shouted at people and gave them bad grades. My perception changed greatly throughout the year of Professor Arrington. She was a very energetic, helpful, and fun teacher. I honestly enjoyed coming to her class every day.
Although she was a fantastic teacher she did grade pretty tough. If you turned in a paper that wasn’t thought out, and wasn’t your best work you wouldn’t get the grade you wanted. Professor Arrington did this so that you would always write your best and give good claims, reason, Evidence, and the most important thing explanation. If you clearly explain these things, and just pay attention in class you will do well. She will also help you a great deal in “office hours” in the library if you are struggling with anything, and she will always try to give you good feedback on essays so that you would improve in your writing.
In conclusion if you want to get an easy “A” then professor Arrington’s class isn’t for you. If you want to improve your writing I strongly recommend taking professor Arrington’s class. Another thing, DON’T judge your professor by ratemyprofessor.com, people never have anything nice to say. I really enjoyed this class, and I believe that all of you should give professor Arrington a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment